Itinerary 3: Tahiti's Relics and Traditions
Have you planned a 7 day holiday and are wondering where to go in Tahiti? 118 islands don’t make it easy but that’s what Tahiti is all about: diversity! It also depends what you like to do so we’ve suggested 3 different itineraries, the following one is based on culture. Every itinerary starts and finishes on the main island, Tahiti, as your flight will arrive late in the evening (coming from Australia or New Zealand) and you'll usually need to spend your first night here.
If you are more of an adventurer and love everything to do with culture, this itinerary is for you:
- Day 1: Tahiti
- Day 2-4: Raiatea
- Day 4-6: Marquesas Islands
- Day 6: Tahiti
Late arrival in Tahiti. Night on the main island.
DAY 2 TO DAY 4:raiatea
Board your plane to Raiatea (society Islands)
3 reasons to visit Raiatea:
- The cradle of Polynesian culture: Raiatea is known as the God’s cradle and hosts archaeological treasures which are testimony of an epic history and culture.
- A sailing paradise: stretch your sea legs in this exciting yachting location.
- A unique natural heritage: Raiatea is an incredible natural source of interest for nature lovers because of its rare endemic flora and fauna species.
DAY 4 TO DAY 6: marquesas islands
Discover the Marquesas Islands, the land of Men
3 reasons to visit the Marquesas Islands:
- The perfect blend of culture and nature
- Follow Melville’s Track in the Taipivai Valley
- Experience incredible dives and underwater wilderness
DAY 6: tahiti
Catch a flight back to the main island
Meal suggestion: enjoy your last evening at the Roulottes, Place Vai'ete, Papeete.
DAY 7: tahiti to auckland
Departure for home (to or via Auckland).
These are just an idea of what you could do in 7 days, and we could offer you at least 100 more itineraries!. With 118 islands to choose from, you're bound to find something that suits your tastes and style. For more ideas, have a look at our packages (Au packages here, NZ packages here), or speak to your travel agent to personalise your trip!